Toimetas Timo Arbeiter
Avaldatud: 26 Märts 2019
ESC longterm project in Estonia, Valga county (Valgamaa). Activities on youthwork and ecovillage: in Taheva youth centre and NGO Valga County Youth Work Centre Tankla; in Parmu Ecovillage.
Number of vacancies: 2
- Tankla project (2 vacancies) - all volunteers are working in different places – Taheva youth centre and in NGO Valga County Youth Work Centre Tankla; NGO Parmu Ecovillage.
11 months, starting September 2019 (for each youth centre)
Here is the working places description click here
* 2018/2019 are the volunteers in Ritsu youth room from Spain (in Linna village) and in Taheva youth centre from Austria (in Hargla)
Look from here amazing photos about Valga county valgamaa.tumblr.com
Look last volunteers blog posts from here and here.
Main activities (for Taheva youth centre volunteer)
- most of the time he/she would be working with youngsters and helping them spend their spare time
- playing board games and Xbox/PS4 (Just Dance, Fifa) with youngsters
- doing crafting and cooking together with youngsters
- helping youngsters to realize their ideas (like their own event)
- helping youngsters to organize events
- creating posters and ads
- helping with all the preperations
- checking that everything goes as planned
- creating and leading their own projects
- ESC mini-project
- an opportunity to bring own ideas to life, by using different types of Estonian project fundations (events, workshops, campaigns etc.)
- introducing his/her own culture and language
- as different events
- for example organizing a language club
- carrying out different workshops in youth center or elsewhere
- participating in youth camps = carrying out a workshop in a camp (for example the „Defence League Winter Camp“)
- leading the work of youth groups
- participating in various local culture events and projects
- getting to know the Estonian culture
- introducing voluntary work in different youth centres and schools in Valga county
- doing collaboration with schools and other youth centres and organisations
- participating in youth work meetings
- promoting youth centre and its activities
- managing youth centres Facebook page/home page
- promoting in Tankla homepage
- promoting in local media (newspapers and radio)
- writing articles to newspaper/ keep a blog
- (do not forget to check out the blogs of our current volunteers :D)
Main activities (for Parmu Ecovillage volunteer)
- activities with kids in the community
- language practice through games and fun activities
- assistance in creative dance courses and horse riding courses for kids
- daily assistance to Gaia school group teacher
- participating in organizing events.
Are you interested?
An ECS volunteer should be at the age of 18 to 30 and willing to participate in an 11 months long project.
When applying, it would be good to have an interest in youth work, working with the youngsters and media. Although, it is not an expectancy to have these skills and knowledge. It is important to have the desire of utilising your knowledge and skills and passing them on the local youngsters.
We are expecting that our volunteer is an open communicator and a friendly person, who is ready to be flexible about his/her working hours and assignments. The work management in youth centre is very varied – you have to be mobile because of collaboration meetings and trainings all over the country and flexible because of the working hours of the centre (in addition to working on weekdays it is common to have to work on weekends as well).
Cultural differences are not decisive, they are rather beneficial in terms of global diversity – we accept everyone who is suitable for youth work.
We will go through and discuss every single application as a team and will make Skype calls.
How to apply?
Interested? Send a form to the coordinating organization Valga county youth work center Tankla:
Ülla Tamm See e-posti aadress on spämmirobotite eest kaitstud. Selle nägemiseks peab su veebilehitsejas olema JavaSkript sisse lülitatud. or Rasmus Onkel See e-posti aadress on spämmirobotite eest kaitstud. Selle nägemiseks peab su veebilehitsejas olema JavaSkript sisse lülitatud.
Applying deadline: 30th of April
NB! The application is suitable for each youth centre. In which youth centre you will do your ESC, will be decided after the Skype-call and is depends on your answers (from the form + during the call) and where we think you would fit the best.